[Blackpool] Makerspace - New location required

MJ Hewitt admin at pcrecycler.co.uk
Fri Jun 27 12:02:47 UTC 2014

As you may be aware from my earlier post. Ripon Road is due to be sold,
probably  in or around  September. This will mean that we will be without
premises for the Makerspace and LUG.

We now need to decide if we have enough members who are willing to pay a
subscription to take on another premises.

Losing the Makerspace would be a huge blow to our group, but it needs to be
financed to support it's growth.

We estimate that it will cost at least a £100 week to rent a new premises
and to pay towards the utility bills.

We have 4 people committed to paying £10 per week, they are myself, Tony,
Olly and Les. So we need to raise at least another £60 a week.

We need more people to subscribe at any level that they can afford (up to
£10/week) to keep a Makerspace in Blackpool
Please subscribe and help fund our Makerspace which has done so much great
work in the Geek Community.

In the longer term, the more people that join the Makerspace, the cheaper
the subscriptions will eventually become, this makes it better value for
everyone.

If this is not of interest to you but you know someone not on the mailing
list that might be interested, please feel free to pass on this e-mail to
them.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Mike Hewitt