[Blackpool] meeting Saturday 10-12

Arthur Garlick arthur_garlick at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 15 19:34:03 UTC 2014

Hi,

Well an example of hardware comparison I’d be interested in would be voltage, I want to run models powered by a 1s LiPo at 3.3 - 4.2 volts, can I do that with an Arduino?  My Pic runs happy at these voltages and many peripherals run at 3.3v.  I heard the Arduino is a 5v only across the board thing?  So the available peripherals will overlap being mostly ttl but I guess the Arduino will have stuff I can’t get for my Pics, these ‘shield’ things for example not sure what they actually are.

With my development kit I can choose from nearly 800 different Pics 8, 16 and 32bit,from 6 pins to 144 so I’ve never thought too much about number of any kinds of ports, pwm etc, I know there will be something that suits me.  I wondered what was on an UNO and what Pic it would be equivalent to.  And what is the range of models available, I saw an Arduino that had ‘Android’ splashed across the box, no idea what that’s about.

I could just google this stuff, but I’d rather take the opportunity to meet you guys!

Anyway, I paid the Maplin tax and got an Uno so I’ll have a chance to work it out for myself.  See you all tomorrow!

Rgds

Arthur

Sent from Windows Mail