[Blackpool] Loom band launchers

Arthur Garlick arthur_garlick at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 14 18:55:00 UTC 2014

Hi,Thanks again to Mike H and Les for their efforts on Saturday.  Jack and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  Jack has been programming in python on the raspi today, working from the book you kindly lent us Les.
Heres a video of the loom band rocket launchers in action, my Bob robot doesn't have a brain yet so I hooked the launchers up to the Arduino.  Eventually I want to be able to control how many missiles launch each time but here the Arduino fires them off in one salvo if you hold the button down.  The launchers are set parallel to each other and the plan is the robot will pivot on its hip servos to engage targets nearby.  It's a bit ambitious but it should be possible!
http://youtu.be/8AXPHU5pEO8

See you on Saturday
Arthur