[Blackpool] Ripon road open 10-12 Saturday 6th

Arthur Garlick arthur_garlick at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 5 13:06:12 UTC 2014

The answers can be got to by looking at the links below :)

var x = 0.2 + 0.1;
here:  http://www.w3schools.com/js/tryit.asp?filename=tryjs_inaccurate2

18 == 17.999999999999999
here:  http://www.w3schools.com/js/tryit.asp?filename=tryjs_comparison
(answer changes depending on how many decimal places you go with the 9s)

When I mentioned this, my friend was having problems with rounding.  Here's an additional question (I've had a long week in the office, this is just supposed to be Friday fun):

In VB you can convert to an Integer using CInt, so CInt(123.4) will round it to an Integer ( = 123 ).

But what are the values of x and y set to after this bit of VB?  (Same with Delphi and many other languages)

x = CInt(28.5)

y = CInt(29.5)

regards

Arthur