[Blackpool] ripon road open at 10

Arthur Garlick arthur_garlick at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 10:42:50 UTC 2015

Thanks Mike
Jack and I will be there.

I've been messing with Arduino Nanos and i2c I'll bring those projects along to show, I think the use of the £3 Chinese mini OLED screens is interesting, especially for those building smaller projects like robots that need a screen display to see or debug what is going on.  My two projects are a watch and a dual temperature sensor, I also have a Blackpool Geekup project that is a bar toy with a philosophical twist.

If anyone (Les!?) has an Arduino Mini, or any of the smaller Arduinos (trinket etc.) that they can bring so I can look at them (and perhaps play) that would be great for me.

If anyone has a Nano or similar that doesn't have the pin headers soldered on that they don't want, I may be in the market to buy or swap for something like the Adafruit Gemma or a Gemma + OLED screen. (NB Gemma won't talk to the OLED screen easily, she isn't 100% Arduino compatible)

I bought the Adafruit Gemma for a wearable project, it's nice and great for what it's designed for, but a bit limited and I'd definitely revert to a PIC12F675 rather than use a Gemma.

One week on from installing Mint...  yes it's a usable bit of kit, I like it.  The fact that the Chinese FTDI replacement chips work directly with it was a boost to my interest.  It was a downer to find out you can't get a Adafruit Gemma to work on Linux though.  I'm back doing my Arduino Nano development on my Windows8.1 laptop for now.  Glad I have the Linux option though - thanks Tony.

I'll help, if I can, with Elizabeth's problem too!

See you there

Arthur