[Blackpool] Ripon rd open at 10 for the last meeting

Arthur Garlick arthur_garlick at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 21 17:32:12 UTC 2015

Hope you feel better soon Elizabeth!

Mike - if the volume control part of that speaker set is on the floor by any chance, it'd help me.  I already have plans how to hack this but the pin outs of the control thingy would be easier to deduce if I have the control thingy in hand...  Thanks again, a nice surprise and perfect for me.

Tony - the I2C address of your OLED displays is: 0x3C.

All - Many thanks for today!  It is Arduino Day 2015 next Saturday an auspicious (as the Japanese say) day to officially start at the new space.  I will be coming  loaded for Arduino and "less talk, more making" TM ...

I am wiring up new synth, Teensy 2.0 and four of the SN76489 soundchips that were in the BBC micro - I should be able to make a right old racket with this and the active speakers Mike let me have.  I plan to speak about it to the unconference tomorrow at Blackburn Makerspace.  They are just starting up and it gives me a chance to practice at a smaller event (I may well be speaking to just myself and the organisers) and support the guys over there.

The Maplin Arduino Day seems to be a bigger thing than Les, Tony and I were told in Blackpool Maplin today.  I plan to go there after Makerspace next Saturday.  (there are prizes and freebies apparently...).

Regards

Arthur