[Blackpool] Saturday 16th May

Arthur Garlick arthur_garlick at hotmail.com
Fri May 15 09:36:47 UTC 2015

 Hi,
I am really impressed with the no compromise approach Mike!

I am going to have to miss this Saturday completely :o(.  I am part way through a big decorating job at the moment.

Since the last meet I have done very little hobby wise.  I have dug into Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2015 Community a little more.  The Community edition of Visual Studio is a great piece of kit, if you are thinking of having a play get the 2013 version, the 2015 edition has a few bits not working yet.  Both are free of course.

Microsoft just announced there will be 9 SKUs to Windows 10, there is logic to each of the SKUs they talk about- but it's not the Apple style simplicity I thought Microsoft were trying to move towards with their platform.

The anti M$ feeling in the comments to this blog post are a bit sad or hilarious I can't decide which perhaps it's both:  http://blog.arduino.cc/2015/04/30/microsoft-and-arduino-new-partnership/

I am looking for a local source of Kool Aid, if anyone knows where I can get it on the Fylde let me know because I intend to make up some special M$ branded Kool Aid and make you all drink it with me!  Ah, I just remembered where 'drink the kool aid' comes from, maybe this idea of drinking the M$ Kool Aid is in poor taste.  Anyway it was nice to see Mike Hewitt getting Windows 10 installed and I remember serially published and internationally renowned author Tony has tried Windows 10 in the past.  The point is, I think the changes at M$ make it an interesting time to put any past M$ antipathy aside and look at what they are doing with fresh eyes.

Regards