[Blackpool] laptop power management in Linux

Tony Hughes tonyhughes1212 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jun 28 15:19:24 UTC 2015

Hi Liz

I would suggest you also send a copy of the latest Linux Mint (mate)
long term release and suggest she install that as Ubuntu 12.04 is now in
extended support and will not receive any software updates only security
updates to April 2017.

Mint 17 is based on Ubuntu 14.04 and is supported for software updates
until 2016 and security updates until April 2019. She will also have
more current software.

Ubuntu 14.04 is an option but Unity may or may not suit.

Tony