[Blackpool] Saturday 25 July 2015

Arthur Garlick arthur_garlick at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 23 21:33:35 UTC 2015

Hi,I will be attending at James o'clock.
Finished the place I am selling completely, the carpets and lino went down yesterday.  It means I can finally start on my indoor workshop so I will be asking about 2Kg SDS drills as the first job is taking all of the plaster off the walls and if I can get one on the way home from the meeting (Screwfix?) I'll start that on Saturday afternoon!
ESP8266 from last time still stands.  Mike Hewitt got his post up and I still haven't done mine...
I had an interesting chat with Martin last week and it's reawakened my interest in learning a little bit of maths.  The sensors I have are a little noisy.  I've taken a few readings and used the average in the past.  Judging how many readings to take has always been arbitrary.  I wonder how to find/prove the correct number of readings to take in the case of something like the humidity sensor and also an accelerometer in a balancing robot.  Two very different scenarios.  I have a really good pdf book on sensor filters that I got off a friend to try and work out what Kalman filters are about but the maths is very deep in places.  I think working out how to filter the output from my humidity sensors with a bit of proper maths is within my grasp though...
My original post about noisy sensors... http://blackpoollug.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/i2c-working-and-noisy-sensors.html

Regards
Arthur