[Blackpool] Manchester Make Fest This Saturday

Arthur Garlick arthur_garlick at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 6 12:50:54 UTC 2015

I am going.
Last year when it was a Maker Faire I chatted with this guy: http://davidbuckley.net/ and it was he that inspired me to have a go at simple biped robots.  One year on and barring a few software tweaks my Bob robot that shifts weight is finished!  Yes... FINISHED!
Here he is shifting weight and picking his damn feet up properly at Preston RJam on Monday night: https://twitter.com/teknoteacher/status/628271009074954240  I will tweak him to lift his feet up higher and keep them flat, but that is just a tweak - he walks and he avoids! Yay!
My missile firing robot is based on the normal Bob design so doesn't shift weight and will always shuffle like the other Bobs on the 'net and never walk the way I want, so like a weak Spartan child he has been left on a cold shelf to quietly rot.
So I am ready for my next robot, one that is big enough for a Pi and a good platform for some sensors and playing with some of this maths stuff maybe.   I am going to build one of David Buckleys designs, so I contacted him and he won't be at the Maker Fest this year, he has a spot there but he's not going to show for a few reasons related to the organisation this year.

I will be going to the Maker Fest and then going round Davids house (look at his website above, I can only imagine what his home makerspace is like).

I can offer a lift there to anyone in the Blackpool area, but getting back will need some coordination.

Regards
Arthur