[Blackpool] Fwd: invitation: Make:Shift:Do 2015

Mike Hewitt admin at pcrecycler.co.uk
Fri Aug 14 09:18:40 UTC 2015

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

--- Forwarded message ---
From: Chris Webb <c_webb at craftscouncil.org.uk>
Date: 14 August 2015 10:07:50
Subject: invitation: Make:Shift:Do 2015
To: admin at pcrecycler.co.uk

Dear MakerspaceFY1 (Blackpool Linux user group),

I'm writing to tell you about Make:Shift:Do our UK-wide doors open festival
of digital making. The Crafts Council, the V&A, the Institute of Making and
Ultimaker UK would like to invite your organisation to host an open day or
workshop for Make:Shift:Do 2015: a festival celebrating digital innovation
in craft.

Applications are invited from makerspaces, FabLabs, hackspaces, maker
collectives, creative programmes, educational initiatives and other
interested parties that wish to open their doors and share their work with
the public. Events can fit as a part of your regular programming or act as
a one-off event to bring new participants to your organisation.

We invite you to join us on October 23 & 24 as maker spaces across the UK
throw open their doors for anyone to try their hand at new forms of making.
You can choose to host an event on either or both days over the weekend.
Participants are eligible for a £100 open-day bursary to help cover costs
or further funding of up to £300 for in-depth events or workshops (limited
funding available).

More information can be found here:
www.make-shift-do.org.uk<http://www.make-shift-do.org.uk> and applications
can be made via the Crafts Council website or accessed directly here
https://www.craftscouncil.org.uk/account/application-make-shift-do - you
must create a Crafts Council log-in to apply.

You may also wish to review our guidance notes available here:
https://www.craftscouncil.org.uk/content/files/MSD2015-guidance-notes.pdf

Applications are due Monday August 24 at noon.

If you have any questions please do let me know, I am happy to answer
questions or discuss ideas in advance of the application deadline,

Best wishes,

- Chris