[Blackpool] Weekend of October 24th 2015

Mike Hull mikehull2008 at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Sep 2 18:49:54 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I have received communication from the Craft Council that our application to participate in their "Make:Shift:Do 2015" weekend has been accepted.

We will be among 25 venues nationwide participating in this event to promote creative "making" activities.

We are hoping to use the weekend to promote our club, find prospective new members and "open" our new club venue (although it will be a work-in-progress).

We have been awarded a grant of £100 to help putting on the "Open Day" event.

In Addition we have been awarded a grant of £300 for putting on an "In Depth Event". This is described as enabling us to participate in an activity we have not previously tried. We applied on the basis that the funds would help us to purchase our first laser engraver/cutter.

I have confirmed our wish to participate in this event, on behalf of "Blackpool Makerspace"

In order to fully consider the implications of this event it would be appreciated if all members could try to come to Tyldesley Road from 10am on Saturday 5th September to discuss planning of the event.

Many thanks

Mike Hull