[Blackpool] Fwd: CBBC's Absolute Tech Genius

Mike Hewitt admin at pcrecycler.co.uk
Mon Sep 7 12:44:18 UTC 2015

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

--- Forwarded message ---
From: Lisa Young <Lisa.Young at bbc.co.uk>
Date: 7 September 2015 12:29:09
Subject: CBBC's Absolute Tech Genius
To: 'blackpool-owner at mailman.lug.org.uk' <blackpool-owner at mailman.lug.org.uk>

Good morning

My name is Lisa and I work at BBC Children's for Dick and Dom's Absolute
Genius.

We have a fantastic opportunity and are currently looking for tech savvy
children to be a part of the show and I wonder if this opportunity could be
passed on to the children and parents that follow Blackpool Makerspace  on
your social medias and mailing list.

We are now taking applications to crown our very own 'Absolute Tech
Genius'- a CBBC viewer who has a passion for technology and a fantastic
idea for a new piece of technology that could help change children's lives.

Eight children will be invited to film with us, where they'll undergo a
series of tech-based challenges as well as presenting their ideas to a
panel of judges. From here, only three will be selected to continue to hone
their ideas on a very special trip to the USA.

All further details and application form can be found on our website:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/joinin/absolute-tech-genius-be-on-a-show

Applications are open for children aged 9-13 and closes on Monday 14th
September.

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

Lisa Young
Researcher
Ground Floor. Bridge House. BBC MediaCityUK. Salford. M50 2BH
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D0B005.9E240470]