[Blackpool] It's Christmas

Arthur Garlick arthur_garlick at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 18 09:23:47 UTC 2015

Merry Christmas to one and all,
The daughter that travels is flying home on Saturday morning so I'm doing the dad taxi service thing.  If the timings go to plan I will arrive late tomorrow.
The big project under way at home is to move the water tank from the unused kitchen on the top floor into the loft, which is where I should have put it in the first place of course.  I've knocked out a bigger access to the loft, made and fitted a new hinged door and done half of the insulation.
I've been doing more to the house and the work towards a Pi biped robot has fallen to the side which is frustrating.  I am really looking forward to the coding part and it's the making the chassis that has stalled, so I've bought a chassis kit.  The Lynxmotion Scout, when you see it you will recognise it has some of the movement characteristics of David Buckleys robots.  It has 6 servos per leg and presents a different challenge to the 2 servos per leg robots like the ones I have been doing and Davids.  I will finish a new small arduino biped over the holidays, just so I can say I've done it and focus on the big walker next year. I hope to use a Pi2 with the 8 core Propeller Hat handling the timing based stuff, I did testing that showed this would handle a 4 servo robot easily and I am hoping it will manage 12 digital robots, we'll see.

If I don't get to see you before the New Year... Happy New Year!  Looking forward to all of the making that will get done in our new space.

Regards
Arthur