[Blackpool] Bits

James Page jmsp.1983 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 13:17:09 UTC 2016

Ahhh, there you are!

I’ll bring the printers in tomorrow (assuming James o’clock hours, of course).

I also have a Netra T1 here that I bought a while back and never quite got round to making use of (too much hassle involved, it seemed). I should probably get rid of the Ultra 10 and SCSI array that have seen just as much use!

Macbook’s been fine, mostly. I’m looking forward to taking it on trips out, now that I’ve changed my contract from Three to EE and can do tethering (unlimited calls and texts, 16GB data… £11.50/month after cashback). The 4K display has also been quite enjoyable to use, although at 24” it’s actually a bit small - I should have picked up a 28” instead.

Picked up a couple of Xiaomi Redmi 2 Pros for the ‘rents from Gearbest last week. The phone is nice. It turns out Gearbest appear to have snuck on their own version of the MIUI ROM, which explains why there are random Chinese characters and control panels appearing. MIUI itself actually seems to be quite polished. I’ve thought about upgrading from my N4 to a Chinese device, but I’m also mulling over the idea of getting a spares/repair 5S and refurbing it… Still not sure if I like the idea of being completely locked in to the iOS/Apple ecosphere, but it would make synchronisation between laptop and phone more convenient.

On the subject of phone-related stuff - Unified Remote is just 10p in the Play Store at the moment! Highly recommended.