[Blackpool] Craft Council MAKE:SHIFT:DO

Mike Hull mikehull2008 at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Aug 22 19:00:57 UTC 2016

HI all,

Our application to the craft council has been approved for both participating in the event and doing an "in depth project".
as discussed in the AGM our proposed project is to build a CNC Router.

In my proposal to the Craft Council I proposed that during the Make:Shift:Do event we would assemble a CNC machine involving club members and enabling visitors to participate/watch/ask relevant questions about the build process and the aspects of Digital Making invoived in the construction and subsequent operation/use of the machine.

We now have a deadline of the end of October to complete certain activities:
               Complete the extraction system
               Get the Laser Cutter fully operational
               Get at least one 3D printer operational (we need this to make parts for the CNC Router)
               Gather the necessary parts to build the CNC Router
               Prepare other display activities for the event

Last week at the club meeting we commenced activities to provide a secure place for the Laser Cutter. This needs to be completed, together with siting for the 3D printers.

I will source the parts needed for the extraction system.

I am happy to source the parts for the CNC Router, but I need a volunteer to work with me to familiarise themselves with the construction process prior to the event.

Please let me have your thaughts on anything else we need to start planning early for this open day event.

Mike2