[Blackpool] The Ashley foundation

Tony Hughes tonyhughes1958 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 13:00:10 UTC 2019

Dear All

I donated a couple of laptops with Linux mint on them to the Ashley
foundation today.

I mentioned that we have the LUG/Makerspace meetings on a Saturday and said
if any of their clients wanted to learn more about Linux and the tech we
play with they would be welcome to attend.

I would hope that after the first free session we could see our way to have
a bursary fund for people who are in their situation if we start to see
some regular visitors, so they are not prevented by the £2 session subs.

Can we discuss this when I get back from holiday a week tomorrow. To put
things in context, we currently have a healthy bank balance of around £700,
and our annual expenses are around £400.

The actual cost to the club would be the loss of the subs and whatever
refreshments they consume.

We already allow 1 parent to accompany several children for just the cost
of £2 so we already support our young members, this would be a way of
supporting people who are trying to get their life back on track.

Over to you for consideration

Regards

Tony