[Blackpool] Keeping in contact via Discord and video calls

Les Pounder lespounder at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 15:27:35 UTC 2020

Afternoon everyone!
Right now we are all under lockdown, making sure that we flatten the curve
of this virus, but we still need to chat to one another.

Some of you may already be aware that on Saturday we had our first virtual
meeting via Google Hangouts. It worked well, if a little tricky to setup.
Can I suggest that we run another call at 10am on Saturday, and this time
trial Jitsi which is an open source video conference tool which works in
the browser with little issue.

I will setup a meeting on Jitsi and send the link to join via the mailing
list.

We also setup a Discord chat server for the group. This enables us to chat
in real time, or leave message, images, videos of projects or cat pictures
for us all to share.

I would love to see more of us on there and I can issue an invite to anyone
interested, please drop me a line.

Tony, please can you make sure that Theo/Darcy are aware of the video call?
And as they are under 18, please can we ask that mum / dad is present for
the call?

Thanks
Les

--