[Blackpool] Meeting 2009-05-02

MJ Hewitt admin at pcrecycler.co.uk
Sun May 3 11:36:58 UTC 2009

Next meeting Saturday 9th May.

This meeting

We played with (demonstrated) 3 live Distros, Mint, PC LOS, and Puppy.
These distros can be used without having to install anything. Just put the
disk in the drive and reboot.
Once you have finished playing, reboot without the disk and its gone.

We also used the PCLOS disk to make a system that dual booted Win XP and
PCLOS.
This gives you the option to choose either XP or PCLOS as the machine is
starting.

Lastly, Puppy Linux was installed to a USB stick and made bootable.
This system lets you use Puppy linux on any machine capable of booting from
USB and it will not affect anything
installedon that machine.