[Bradford] OT - Ubuntu UK LoCo Team Leader 09 Election

Philip Wyett philwyett at gmx.com
Thu Dec 11 10:15:59 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Thank you to those that have sent me email commiserating me over not
being successful in the Ubuntu UK Team Leader election, it is much
appreciated.

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-uk/+poll/teamlead09

For my first time standing to come second with a very significant
percentage of the vote was very pleasing and anyone who is a member and
voted for me - Thank you!

I have been asked why I did not drum up support in the LUG's where I am
active. I feel that would have been unfair, dishonest and skewed a vote
having many new members joining and voting for someone they know and not
being already active members of the group and knowledgeable about what
is happening within the group and what the group wishes to do. I hope
people can understand this.

Thanks to all.

Regards

Phil