[Bradford] eeepc and firefox blunder

David Carpenter david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 16:35:21 UTC 2008

My friends eee pc firefox crapped out the other day. He siad he'd been
to a site, got some javascript error, and then from then on firefox just
opens up and crashes immediately.

In my infinite wisdom, I thought I'd just uninstall it and re-install
it.

I used synaptic to uninstall it, then found out it's not available in
the Xandros repositories to re-install.

A bit of googling confirms this is the case, and ended up with me
finding solutions/hacks for installing firefox 3 and all sorts of
things.

My friend still uses the eee pc in the simple graphical mode, so there
are loads of icons linked to opening firefox (e.g. google docs,
internet, and some others - seems like a lot)

So really I'd just like to get firefox 2.0.0.11 back in the little slot
where it came from and all will be fine, otherwise I'll need to
reconfigure each desktop icon.......

Any ideas? Is there another repository I could enable to help here (some
documentation on the web about 'safe repositories but a little
uncertain)

It's a version 900 eee pc.
--
David Carpenter

nornir

E: david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk

Please save paper and only print this email if you have to.