[Bradford] Ignite UK in Leeds, 4th Dec 2008

David Spencer d at daves-collective.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 21:48:22 UTC 2008

FYI, from http://www.oreillygmt.co.uk/2008/10/announcing-igni.html

<<<<

Announcing Ignite UK North - Leeds, 4th December 2008

I'm proud to announce that the first UK Ignite is going to take place at
the Old Broadcasting House in Leeds on the evening of the 4th December
2008. We're organising it in conjunction with Imran Ali, Friend of
O'Reilly and pillar of the Leeds tech community.

The event will start at 6.30pm and will go on till 9pm, at which point
it's not unfeasible that we might repair to a bar for beverages. More
details to follow, but if you want to sign up to attend, go to:

http://www.meetup.com/Ignite-UK-North/calendar/9017862/

And from http://ignite.oreilly.com/

<<<<

What is Ignite?

If you had five minutes on stage what would you say? What if you only
got 20 slides and they rotated automatically after 15 seconds? Around
the world geeks have been putting together Ignite nights to show their
answers.

(I've no connection to this, just passing it on as promised for anyone
who might be interested.  BTW, the 'first in UK' claim turns out to be
iffy, as apparently there's one scheduled for Cardiff the night before...)

-D.