[Bradford] PDF Problems

David Carpenter david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Sat May 16 07:40:05 UTC 2009

Thanks for this John

Your results are similar to those I get with XPDF (which I downloaded
and tried). The Green wave is 'jagged', but the Blue is fine! (I believe
there are 2 main engins for PDF viewers, and XPDF and KPDF use the same
one. My 'Document Viewer' is Gnome's Evince)

I've stopped short of downloading Adobe Reader. I almost cracked and
went back to it, but the 64MB download just reminded me why I fell out
with it in the first place.

I've since looked into the bugs at Evince, and there are quite a lot. So
day to day Evince does the job really well, but I guess it can't handle
all the special cases...

Thanks!
David