[Bradford] Ubuntu released on Sunday

Wayne Hanley wayney at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 19:14:42 UTC 2010

As usual we will be having people around our place on release day for take
out and installing.  Most of the major updates this round are with the
server distro, but we are seeing some good inclusions in the desktop release
also.  Of note to laptop users are the better ACPI support for newer
chipsets giving you better batter life and also the inclusion of utouch
drivers so if you have hardware supporting multitouch then you will see
improved support for that to name a few.

I believe LibreOffice is now going to be the default office suite which is
rather nice in the light of Oracles claims of patent infringement.  Finally
one nice thing I've enjoyed of late is better font hinting and the
surprisingly nice new Ubuntu font (which is rather well suited to Android
devices too).

Wayne