[Bradford] Government ITC Strategy

Robert Burrell Donkin robertburrelldonkin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 08:39:05 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 9:19 AM, David Carpenter
<david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk> wrote:
> We discussed yesterday how it might be a good thing for individuals to
> email them and praise them for publishing an Open Document Format.
>
> The page this is downloadable from is:
> http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/resource-library/uk-government-ict-strategy-resources
>
> Also good to see they are using Drupal for the site architecture -
> blimey free software!

There are lots of examples of successful FOSS within government but I
keep hearing through official-ish channels that there is very little
open source software procured.

One thing we could usefully do as a LUG would be to start watching and
recording success stories. Blogging seems like a good fit, maybe using
a planet to aggregate feeds.

Robert