[Bradford] Ubuntu's new Head-up display & no menu system

Brian bradlug at techchico.org.uk
Thu Jan 26 13:16:05 UTC 2012

Let's hope that they cater for different accents. I've found few speech recognition systems that work for me. I've taken the Android one off my phone to create more space. I sometimes test my phone system with the US 'Tell Me' service. That isn't bad but I do put on a US accent for some menus. No matter, there are so many people, from the south of England, that I hear on BBC News and Radio Four, who speak mid-atlantic, who will probably be just fine with a US accent. I am referring to those who say ged, gedding, conservadive, hosbidal, Peeder,Scoddish, Bridish etc. etc. - not to mention the American 'leverage'.

Brian