[Bradford] More And More Reasons To Hate Linux

Brian bradlug at techchico.org.uk
Sat Mar 17 11:26:02 UTC 2012

There are so many Linux desktops available now that avoiding Unity, standard GNOME 3  etc. is easy. Further, a Unity desktop can be installed and then forget about Unity most of the time by installing one of the many 'docks' such as AWN, GNOME Do, Cairo etc.
I am undecided what to do. I need to upgrade all my computers in April/May and most need to be on the same OS so I can ensure they all work with MythTV.
The 'Mate' desktop may be a favourite for lovers of old school GNOME.  I go for minimum 'mouse' movement (though I use a trackball - wouldn't give one of those RSI inducing devices house-room !).
Mint's Cinnamon desktop, installable on other OSs, is also proving to be a favourite. Check out this YouTube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAgSOKFnuKU

Brian