[Bradford] Update on 2013 room

David Carpenter david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Sat Nov 3 11:18:50 UTC 2012

Hi All

Bradford CVS is looking at allocating room bookings for 2013 next week.

I've had a quick word and it looks like the 3rd Monday of the month should
be available for us but DON'T change your calendars just yet...

This would mean we are no longer held to the fixed charge for room hire of
£30 (£32 next year). It would be free.

However, it strikes me that the CVS has been very supportive of us over the
last few years and that a drop in their income is not something they will
be massively happy about.

Perhaps this would give us the opportunity to move to a donation based
system that has been discussed in the past, to donate to the CVS for the
room costs.

The main objection in the past has been around the potential shortfall
between what is donated and the actuall £30 bill - who would make up the
differnece? If there is no difference to make up then this seems like a
good idea to me.

We have also had an offer for the treasurer role for next year, and this
would give them something to do!

Putting this out there for comments. Obviously NOTHING HAS BEEN DECIDED, so
please let me know your thoughts. Also this could all change next week if
we find out we can't have the dates (all or some) we want.