[Bradford] Raspberry Pi Hackday

Alice Kaerast alice at kaerast.info
Wed Nov 21 21:12:01 UTC 2012

On 21 November 2012 20:56, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Tomas Holderness
> <tomasholderness at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm a Linux geek recently returned to Bradford from working up north (Dave's
>> a family friend) and I was hoping to pop along to the next meeting. However,
>> I'd also seen the pi bake-off hack event and would be well up for going as
>> part of team if you're interested. I've got a pi already, and a couple of
>> ideas of things we could build.
>
> Are we going for it...?

I think that probably depends on the ideas and the fit of skills.
Most recently my language of choice is bash and my skills are in
devops, though I can also do Ruby, Javascript, PHP and a little Python
and Io.

I've been considering building a minimal OS capable of running Open
Web Apps for the Pi as one great project to look at.  Not sure we'd
get very far in a  day though.

I'm certainly up for it if others are.

Regards
Alice