[Bradford] Raspberry Pi Hackday

Tomas Holderness tomasholderness at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 11:14:16 UTC 2012

Hi

If there's still interest in attending the hack event this weekend then
check out the Cambridge Computer Labs tutorial on connecting a temperature
sensor to the Raspberry Pi (seems to be the best/most straight forward):
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/freshers/raspberrypi/tutorials/temperature/. The
biggest problem I've had is sourcing the parts we would need to build this.
Ironically, given the Pi was designed and is manufactured in the UK most of
the break-out boards are being developed by American companies. However, a
number of UK companies are importing these parts and reselling through
Amazon. So I've ordered the parts in the hope that they will arrive in
time! Bit of a risk, but they weren't that expensive and I really couldn't
find another option. So if anyone's got a cool software hack we could use
as a backup plan for this weekend I'd be interested.

Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow,

Cheers.

Tom