[Bradford] Bigger than a Pi

Alice Kaerast alice at kaerast.info
Tue Oct 30 11:56:16 UTC 2012

Hi,

There's been a couple of nice Raspberry Pi like devices come out
recently that people might be interested in, both higher-powered and
so much more useful.

The Parallella has lots of extra cores available to it, and is
designed for massively parallel processing.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/adapteva/parallella-a-supercomputer-for-everyone

The Cubieboard is more like a Raspberry Pi but higher powered, and is
still open for funding. http://www.indiegogo.com/cubieboard

Also, if you have a Raspberry Pi and don't know what to do with it
then there's always the option of free colocation in Austria:
http://www.edis.at/en/server/colocation/austria/raspberrypi/  In fact
I'm almost tempted to buy a Pi just to get a nice shell account to use
(anybody got one they want to sell cheaply?)

Regards
Alice

PS. I've not promised I'll give a talk on Wednesday have I?