[Bradford] After XP

Alice Kaerast alice at kaerast.info
Wed Dec 18 21:17:42 UTC 2013

"the real cost of moving whether to a new MS version or to FOSS is in
training which costs around twice the cost of any MS licences for the move."

Indeed, and this is often neglected - particularly in smaller
organisations.  The training however brings a big productivity boost,
regardless of whether it's for new software or existing software.
 Microsoft and Google recognise this, and so they have suggested training
schedules which they share with partners to get customers up to speed; it
means that people feel more productive after the switch, even if it's a big
change to how they normally work.

Regards
Alice