[Bradford] Monday's meeting

John McLear john at mclear.co.uk
Mon Jan 28 15:31:54 UTC 2013

With regards to Etherpad a lot of jobs/focus at the moment is on plugin development so I could do a quick intro to:
a) History of Etherpad (Including our various run ins with Google and how we resolved them) and our roadmap into the future.b) Etherpad sponsors: how we work with them and our agreements with them (Mozilla/Wikipedia/SauceLabs/Microsoft/SFC(tbc)/General public)c) Deploying Etherpad to your machine (Example on ubuntu)d) Developing and publishing your first pluginand if we get time (e) Contributing to core & how our Testing framework/CI works.
(a)(b) should be interesting for people more interested in the politics behind OSS and the last bits (c)(d)(e) should be interesting for devops / developers and sysadmins.  Either way if you work in teams or use Open/Libre/Microsoft Office or Google Docs it should be a rewarding session.
RE the sections(a-e) it's up to you which I dive into, feel free to cherry pick.
Cheers

John McLearMcLear LtdEtherpad FoundationPrimary Technology Ltd