[Bradford] "UK Government mandates preferential selection of open source"

Nick Rhodes nick at ngrhodes.co.uk
Tue Mar 19 22:04:40 UTC 2013

My new job is a partly a result of this (moved from a pure .net role). I
work now primarily with open source, though we still have to graft onto
a lot of existing closed source systems in place.

Our Org the soon to be http:/www.hscic./gov/./uk/, currently
http://www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/ is taking open source technology,
open standards and agile way of working seriously.
Internally we have used open source tech in places for a long time.
There are now entire prototype projects in development that as far as
I'm aware that use full stack open source from server to open source
languages.

E.g. Spine 2  is using Python, Flash framework, Tornado web servers.

http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/public-sector/3421156/new-nhs-database-will-succeed-with-open-source-agile-says-supplier/

Cheers, Nick