[Bradford] Fwd: International Space Apps - York

David Carpenter david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Thu Mar 21 09:58:16 UTC 2013

You may be interested in this.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pedro Ribeiro <pfr500 at york.ac.uk>
Date: 20 March 2013 17:45
Subject: International Space Apps - York
To: admin at bradlug.co.uk
Cc: SpaceApps York <spaceappsyork at gmail.com>

Dear Bradford GNU/Linux Users Group,

My name is Pedro Ribeiro and I am a member of the organising committee
for Space Apps Challenge York, a 24-hour NASA-led 'hackathon' that
will take place all across the globe on the 20th and 21st of April
2013. Here in York, this free event will be hosted by the Department
of Computer Science at the University of York.

I though I would let you know about this event so as to reach
potential interested parties. For further information please check the
message included below. You are welcome to forward it to other
recipients.

Regards,
Pedro Ribeiro

---

Hi there,

On the weekend of 20th and 21st April 2013, the Department of Computer
Science, University of York will be hosting the International Space
Apps Challenge, a free 2-day workshop on developing apps as solutions
that address real-world critical challenges set by NASA.

Participants compete against teams globally to win prizes, with the
winning team receiving special attention from NASA including a support
package to further develop the winning app.

No programming experience is necessary, just an enthusiasm for solving
problems. However, if you are a programmer and want to develop an app
that’s great, you are also very welcome to sign up.

The International Space Apps Challenge is a unique codeathon event,
which is happening in 50 locations worldwide simultaneously across the
weekend. It is your chance to develop solutions to real world problems
set by NASA, and your solution could have an immediate impact.

At the event, you will form a team with others taking part in the
codeathon, and you and your team will be focused on solving a
particular challenge. You will compete with other teams from around
the world and you will be able to use publicly available data to
create your own solution to NASA's global challenges.

If you'd like more details on the event, visit our website at
http://2013.spaceappschallenge.org/locations/york/ or visit the
official NASA Space Apps Challenge website at
http://spaceappschallenge.org/

You can keep in touch via Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/SpaceAppsYork and follow us on twitter
https://twitter.com/spaceappsyork

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us on
Spaceappsyork at gmail.com

Best wishes,
SpaceAppsChallenge-York Team

--
Pedro Ribeiro | Research Student
High Integrity Systems Engineering Group,