[Bradford] Sata DVD burner ?

Philip Wyett philip.wyett at cohere-tech.co.uk
Sun Mar 24 11:09:29 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-03-23 at 17:16 +0000, Dick Thomas wrote:
> sadly the ones that aren't real cds take 3 days to rip
> the real ones take 34min each, its a sata fault
> dd then mounting seems to work a treat

To be honest I have never come across this issue and our lass who does
rip many of her CD's says a disc takes minutes to do. Because she said
this I have done a test with UB40 Greatest hits and Westlife - Coast to
Coast. Yeah... yeah... don't start on the music. They are hers and were
close at hand. :-)

On her desktop machine that runs Ubuntu 12.04 and a iHas122 (Liteon)
SATA DVD writer in. Each disc took just over 5 mins to rip in full using
sound-juicer.

It would be good to find a solid test case that messes up a SATA DVD
writer. If anyone can offer one, I would be happy to investigate the
issue further as this seems like a mundane task that should not make GNU
Linux look bad.

Regards

Phil