[Bradford] UEFI and other Microsoft nasties

Brian A bradlug at techchico.org.uk
Wed Mar 27 12:17:18 UTC 2013

I am wanting to buy a new laptop. So, obviously I want to ditch whatever
Microsoft toy OS is on there and put on Linux. This, in keeping with
getting a matt 17" screen, amongst other things, is a nightmare to
research. I read a review on Amazon of a Samsung laptop, which seemed to be
a reasonable spec for the price, but a 'no no' as far as installing any
other OS.
I'd be interested to know what others think of the points of this review in
that regard.

Look for the heading 'APPALLING - AVOID!!!'.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B009SJCX68

This was written before the release of the UEFI facilitated Ubuntu 12.04.2,
but I don't know if that would make any difference anyway.