[Bradford] UEFI and other Microsoft nasties

John Robert Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Wed Mar 27 17:14:54 UTC 2013

There are well documented problems with the Samsung; the issue is that,
during the process of writing to the EFI partition, there can be an
overflow which can 'brick' the Samsung; the work-around is to delete
everything that is not essential from the EFI partition - not many
people know how to do that.

openSUSE has just released SUSE's double shim UEFI boot which works -
but with the proviso that it is written for the way current EFI
partitions are written. If an OEM does something different, it may stop
the SUSE double shim working.