[Bradford] Job Vacancy: Senior Linux Administrator Role, West Yorkshire

Jonathan Archer jon at rosslug.org.uk
Wed May 8 15:34:57 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I'm currently working my notice for the above role, don't let that put
you off though It's an excellent job, within and excellent team for an
exciting company. I'm moving on purely for something a little closer to
home. I've worked here for 4 years and it really has been a fantastic
experience.

Company: Echostar http://www.echostareurope.com/
<http://echostareurope.com/> http://www.echostar.com/ (intl)
Location: Near Keighley, West Yorkshire

The role: Senior Linux Administrator
Duties and Responsibilities:

Responsible for provision, configuration and support of the company's
Linux infrastructure -- Desktop and Server.
Management of source control systems and associated work flow tools.
Supporting a large user base of software developers and test engineers
Listening to customer's needs and providing solutions and systems based
on these requirements.
Evaluation of new technologies to enhance work flow.

Person Specification:

The Senior Linux Administrator must have a dynamic approach and a strong
positive attitude towards working in a fast paced environment, they must
be a strong team player with the ability to communicate clearly
(verbally and in writing) with other team members and customers.

The Senior Linux Administrator must be able to demonstrate technical
competence and ability and take responsibility for their allocated
tasks. They must be proactive, innovative and adaptable in a technology
focussed environment, ensuring their skills and knowledge are constantly
up to date and relevant.

Skills and Experience required:
Essentials:
Degree or relevant qualifications (RHCE/RHCSA, LPI)
Experience of Linux Administration in an enterprise environment (Red
Hat/CentOS preferable)
Scripting knowledge (Bash, Perl, PHP)
Knowledge of Linux services (Bind, LDAP, DHCP, Apache, MySQL, Tomcat,
IPtables)
Source control systems (GIT, Clearcase, CVS)
Development workflow & management tools (Jira, Jenkins/Hudson, Gerrit,
Mantis, Bugzilla)
Good knowledge of networking.
Good documentation and communication skills.
Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.

Desirables:
Linux deployment methodology (Kickstart)
Knowledge of Windows desktop and server infrastructure and associated
applications/services.
VMWare vSphere exposure
Enterprise storage
Configuration management tools
Programming knowledge or experience
Exposure to other *nix operating systems

No idea of what salary will be offered but it I'd imagine it will be
competitive.

To apply for this position please email elizabeth.snell at echostar.com
with your CV and covering letter.

Or feel free to drop me an email and I'll answer any questions I can..

Thanks

Jon