[Bradford] Fwd: Re: Linux Help Please!

Nick Rhodes nick at ngrhodes.co.uk
Mon Jan 6 15:30:03 UTC 2014

I have just checked my Google Calendar to find the date of the next meeting. The
'IT Stuff' Calendar was there but not BradLUG. I checked the web site and that is
the same - no BradLUG meeting date.

The fly in the ointment now, for a Linux installation, is if the computer has UEFI.
Unless it can simply set to 'Legacy' then the installation is going to be far more
difficult - just as Microsoft hoped of course.
So I'd be interested to know, if anyone knows how, how to install a Linux distro,
under UEFI,  that hasn't paid the Microsoft fine for a certificate. For my part I will
never want to use Windows but it can be useful to keep it on disk so as to retain
warranty on new computers and if I was to do an install for someone who wants to
retain Windows for whatever reason.

Brian