[Bradford] March I.T. Stuff

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 13 15:31:22 UTC 2014

Yo Lugpeeps

Here's what ended up in the show this time.  We provide this summary
service so you can avoid listening to it at 1800 tonight or 1330
tomorrow on 106.6 FM-thingies, or on the listen again thoughfully
linked off of bcbradio.co.uk :D

Public Service Announcement: Virgin Media Superhub 2 vulnerability -
Bradlug saves capitalism from its own incompetence

Bitcoin - the Mt Gox meltdown - hear Kriss explain to me where the
name Mt Gox comes from

The world's most selfie-obsessed cities: for once Bradford actually
gets on the list

The mutually destructive relationship between Shi and delivery firms

Patrick Stewart, his wetwipes and his lobster costume

Leeds's open data on sad lonely funerals - and its flappy bird spinoff (!!)

GCHQ snooping on cam chat, desirable vs. undesirable nudity, and a
protip on how to hold a terrorist videoconference

End of Windows XP - plug for John's document on the Bradlug website

The Raspberry Pi folks up at Bradford University

There.  See?  Nowt worth rousing yersens for.  I dunno why Captain
Carpenter wanted me to plug it but there ya go

Tarra
-D.