[Bradford] Convert wave amplitude into a float

david at nucleon.co.uk david at nucleon.co.uk
Fri Mar 21 12:51:01 UTC 2014

Does seem a bit like they are trying to reinvent the wheel.

There is already off-the-shelf hand-held kit available that does FFT
spectrum analysis. We use it all the time, where I work.

There is also condition monitoring software that "learns" the
characteristic noise spectrum of equipment, and flags up anomalies (20
years ago I even had a next-door-neighbour who's PhD was in the subject).

Some relevant kit is sold here:
http://www.bksv.com/Products/analysis-software/acoustics/noise-source-identification

Dave B