[Bradford] Linux/FOSS Info Stalls

Alice . alice at kaerast.info
Wed Aug 12 16:33:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

http://www.theopencd.org used to be what I recommended for getting Windows
users into using some Floss software. Its apparently been disbanded for
some time though now, the alternatives they link to might be OK.

Some propaganda about Windows 10 privacy violations would be good. I'm sure
somebody must be making suitable fliers/posters about that.

I'd definitely be interested in hearing about the occupy.here WiFi node. My
piratebox has been running in the Lug meeting room for a fee months and
doesn't get much usage. To be fair it's not publicised though, an article
about it in the briefing Bradford magazine could be interesting.

If you need extra people on the stall and it's a weekend then I could
probably come over and lend a hand.

I'm sure others will have spare DVDs from Linux magazines. And maybe
contacts for other installation media, although its not a huge amount of
notice.

Regards
Alice

FOR PUBLIC SAFETY REASONS, THIS EMAIL HAS BEEN INTERCEPTED BY YOUR
GOVERNMENT AND WILL BE RETAINED FOR FUTURE ANALYSIS