[Bradford] Re

Mike mike.goodman at zen.co.uk
Sun Feb 22 22:52:53 UTC 2015

Hi Folks,

One for all the perly peeps out there. I'm (still) attempting to install
LedgerSMB and finding it an absolute nightmare. I think, but cannot be
certain, pgsql, all the perl modules and lsmb are loaded OK. Starman is
also loaded but how do I run it?

I ran:
root at lsd:/usr/local/ledgersmb# starman --preload-app tools/starman.psgi

and it returned:
2015/02/22-22:29:11 Starman::Server (type Net::Server::PreFork)
starting! pid(16041)
Resolved [*]:5000 to [::]:5000, IPv6
Not including resolved host [0.0.0.0] IPv4 because it will be handled by
[::] IPv6
Binding to TCP port 5000 on host :: with IPv6
Setting gid to "0 0 0"

which to my untutored eye looks OK but it just left a blank line and
there was no response when I tried to point it at the lsmb installation.
So I did ^c and got:
^C2015/02/22-22:36:43 Server closing!

That sort of tells me I've successfully installed starman then started
and stopped it. Now what? How do I see if the lsmb installation is sound?

TIA,

Mike