[Bradford] New IT Stuff podcast up - 211015

shi notshi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 04:18:24 UTC 2015

If you've missed the recent live broadcast of IT Stuff on BCBRadio, you can
listen to it here (podcasts are posted at least a week after the live
broadcast):

Also, if you'd like to contribute, we would love to hear from you!

http://itstuff.org.uk/blog/ITStuff211015

Greetings! We bring you bloopers of the IT kind, news from the Future and
distant galaxies far, far away like ticketing system conspiracies, the lack
of hoverboards, the day Yahoo killed Geocities, shocking revelations of the
fake review industry and tips to become a lawyer for Amazon, Facebook's
modest tax bill, Google's actual worth in currency (a bit over $10),
Microsoft doing a U2 to Windows 7 users and Twitter's new flavour with 8%
less salt before we hasten to celebrate OpenBSD's 20th birthday with some
light historical banter to get the buffer overflowing in LibreSSL. A quick
mention of Ada Lovelace day and we're back to Samsung replacing people with
robots, the recent government investment in the video games industry,
Leed's new robot overlords, Bradford's l33T digital skillz and finally, the
local events roundup.

Local Events: Badonkadonk in Bradford on 11th Nov, Hammond Organ and the
Principle of Additive Synthesis Workshop in Leeds on 18th November by
Yorkshire Sound Women Network, Bradford CoderDojo on the 28th Nov

derp,
--
shi
wetgenes.com