[Bradford] Calendar alternative to Google?

Brian A bradlug at hackroyd.org.uk
Wed Aug 17 21:38:59 UTC 2016

I am happy with Google Calendar except for one thing -  I can't disable the timezone feature. I am fed up with Google changing times when I move timezone, the last time it happened I could have missed my plane if I'd been delayed by 'security'. I won't bore you with more details, you'll find plenty of people on the Net, going back years, who are not happy about it, but Google seems to think it knows best.

Can anyone recommend a calendar that will do much the same as the Google one, including being able to add in other calendars,  without the disastrous timezone feature? I want it to work on Android and on my desktop - either in a browser or in an application such as Thunderbird.