[Bradford] Monday’s meeting

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Thu May 12 16:22:41 UTC 2016

> The meeting notes are up - and you were right, David, about the misspelling of
> homoeostasis!

If I get run over by a truck before the next Bradlug meeting, I want
that printed up on teeshirts and everybody will have to wear them at
my funeral.

In other news, I booted Windows again and it came up '3 of 3 (75%
complete)' ... then after that it took forever to download and extract
the Ubuntu filesystem.

The Microsoft components look really old -- 2014 -- as if the whole
shebang has been in corporate limbo for years.

The various places it pretends to be Linux (like MSIE's user agent
pretending to be Mozilla -- eg, uname says it's Linux) are arguably
trademark violations.  And in the post-OraGoogle world of copyrighted
APIs, one wonders what non-Posix Linux syscalls are implemented.
Someone should run something like Trinity against it for shits and
giggles .... http://codemonkey.org.uk/projects/trinity/

ttfn
-D.