[Bradford] Bradford Libraries: eMagazines NEW SERVICE

Brian A bradlug at hackroyd.org.uk
Tue Apr 17 10:47:21 UTC 2018

We have been able to read Linux Format, via the Zinio app, courtesy of Bradford Libraries. However, today, I noticed the service was not available. I called Central to find out the situation. Apparently they have stopped using the service from RB Digital and are now going to use 'Pressreader'. However, they are in throws of setting this up so it probably won't be available until May.This service is much bigger that the old one, providing around 700 publications. Apart from magazines, these include newspapers and also some foreign publications.On investigation I found that 'Linux Format' and my favourite 'Linux User & Developer' are on there and, what looks like a magazine in Spanish, called 'Root Linux' - a double whammy there - I can practice my Spanish!
There is also 'Android Magazine' and 'Android Advisor'  with various foreign publications of a similar ilk.I couldn't find any publication in connection with 'Raspberry Pi'. There are lots of general computer magazines. New to me was magazine 'Open Source for You'.
Newspapers: 'The Independent' (and 'The i') and 'The Guardian' are there too, as well as others that I won't taint my email with.

Brianb.t.w I'm heading back on Thursday so see you all at the next meeting @BCB