[Bradford] Tuesday’s meeting

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 11 19:25:50 UTC 2019

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019, 17:05 John Robert Hudson via Bradford <
bradford at mailman.lug.org.uk wrote:

> Hi all
>
> The notes of Tuesday’s meeting are up. £28 was given in donations, thank
> you.
>
> David Spencer’s 2009 presentation on digital photography is available at
>
> http://bradlug.co.uk/blog/2009/05/30/files/Digital-photography_27_05_2009.odp
>
> I wonder if the messages about links to bad sites arise because a lot of
> our
> older links will be to http sites which have become https since. I will
> have a
> look at this anyway.
>
> John

The gmail app on Android just gave me a warning for the above odp link; the
warning has a Transparency Report linkie that gives an explanation for the
warning:

The site
http://bradlug.co.uk/blog/2009/05/30/files/Digital-photography_27_05_2009.odp
contains harmful content, including pages that:

   - Send visitors to harmful websites

So it's some unmentioned and unmentionable embedded link, the destination
of which is deemed "harmful" (an undefined term), that is tainting some of
our content.

Yet the Chrome browser is happy with the same odp url and displays no
warning.

What a load of cobblers.

-D.