[Bradford] New laptop, cannot mount partitions

Duncan Hughes duncster at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 15:39:42 UTC 2019

Hi Mike
I’ve just looked through the Arch installation and you do have to create your own partitions and filesystems.  Look for the section in the installation docs that starts with “Format the partitions”.
You’ll need to pass the full path of sda to fdisk, i.e.  fdisk /dev/sda
Your loop0 device is a file from the boot iso that’s been mounted as a file system.
Anything in /dev is not a file, it’s the handle to a device.

HTH
Duncan.